Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Micro Four Thirds

For the past few weeks, I'm again being haunted by this thing called GAS. Nope boys and girls, it's not what you think. To me and my fellow techies, GAS means "Gear Acquisition Syndrome". Being a musician/photographer/lomographer/songwriter/mac lover/etc...I need a lot of stuff to suffice my hobbies and interests. One particular gadget I'm currently in love with right now is the Micro Four Thirds camera that Olympus and Panasonic just recently released. The said system is comparable to a compact camera on steroids. A slim and lightweight camera with the capability of a full sized DSLR, and it has the so called interchangeable lens that we normally see on Nikon and Canon prosumer models. Most of my photographer friends already took the plunge into the Micro Four Thirds technology and they have been forcing me to do the same. So now...thoughts are running through my head...shall I give in and render my current DSLR useless...or shall I wait 10 more years and just get it off from ebay at a very, very cheap price? Oh well, come what may. I just hope this GAS of mine goes away real soon before I dive into another monthly deferred payment obligation.

No comments:

Post a Comment