Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Caffenol Process

Whoa! It's been almost a year since my last post, been very busy the past few months. Anyway, I would just like to share a new found hobby of mine. It's called "The Caffenol Process". It's basically a way of developing black and white film negatives by using coffee, crushed vitamin C tablets, soda ash and an acid fixer. I have always wanted to develop my own films at home but the scarcity of developing chemicals has left me frustrated. Then suddenly, a fellow blogger sent me a link showing how to develop films using home based recipes. Of course I went out at once, bought the materials needed and gave it a shot. Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy at all, I had the experience of wasting a perfectly good 36-shot roll before I got the hang out of it. So now, I have succeeded on my second roll and I'm totally amazed on how the photos went out. Will proudly post some sample shots here. Coffee anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment